sábado, 30 de julio de 2016

Meet an Author: Isabel Brann

 


Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 

Hi! My name is Isabel Brann and I was born and raised in Venezuela. I’ve recently defended my thesis which was the last step to finish my five year bachelor’s degree in Classical Languages and Literatures (a.k.a. A lot of Ancient Greek and Latin classes). I’m the eldest child of two and the only girl. I’m single (if I add “and ready to mingle?” would this sound too much like an online profile for a dating site?), I don’t have pets at the moment and I love reading as much as writing.

Which writers inspire you? So many! Off the top of my head I could mention: Homer, Pamela Clare, Kresley Cole, Nalini Singh, Jeaniene Frost, RJ Loom, and G.A. Aiken.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers? Not yet but I would love to!

When did you decide to become a writer?
I don’t think I can pinpoint an exact date. I always knew I wanted to be a writer, as clichéd as that sounds. However, I started taking the steps to publish my debut novella after my mom discovered she had an aneurysm in her head and, luckily, was able to have surgery in time. Facing the possibility of losing such an important person in my life made me realize I didn’t have time to waste. I couldn’t wait for the “perfect” time because it would never come.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

I’m a part-time writer. I’ve just finished my bachelor’s degree and I’m going to start applying for graduate school soon so it’ll be part-time for a while longer.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 

I start a general outline of things I need to happen and in what order… and then my hands do whatever they want whether it agrees with the plot or not!

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? 

I’m a new author so I’m still finding my way. So far I inquire bloggers that have it stated on their pages that they are open to review and submit my book to them. It doesn’t always work but I’ve met some amazing bloggers that way.

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 

Opinions are like butts, everybody has one. A bad review doesn’t mean your book is trash, nor does a good one means is the best in the world. It’s all about what people like or doesn’t like. I try to be very open to them. The good ones make me smile, especially when I see a reader caught things I was hoping to transmit and unsure if I had managed. The bad ones I try not to take personally and see if I can improve from them. The ones that are not constructive but an attack on the author as a person, those I Ignore.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?

I’m in social media and I love to talk to readers! You can find me on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/isabelbrann/) and on Twitter, as well ( https://twitter.com/isabelbrann). Or you can email me at isabelbrann@gmail.com

Any Comments for the Blog readers?

Thank you! You’re the ones that keep the Indie community alive and thriving!

Any feedback for me or the blog?
No. Just a thank you for the opportunity and the support!





No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...