viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2015

The Sparkle in her eyes Spotlight + Aileen Interview






The devastating disease, Alzheimer's, that ravaged her mother, left the author, Aileen Friedman, inspired to share her emotional rollercoaster ride. A heartfelt and non-fictional short story told from the depths of her heart also includes humorous encounters with other residents of the home in which her mother spent her remaining days.
Included are six more short stories, all designed to encourage and inspire the reader. From the story about a beautiful but selfish model who loses everything in an accident, to an actress who finds true love on an airplane, and an alcoholic who returns to her hometown for a school reunion. The reader will also meet a woman whose life is changed when renovating a house, an elderly lady who returns home after sixty years and who is haunted by her past, and a young lady who by discovering a cosy bookstore discovers much more.
Be uplifted by seven wonderful stories, share the author's tears and happiness, and rejoice in the strength of Jesus as her characters overcome the obstacles placed in their paths.



The link to buy is  http://www.amazon.com/dp/0620644346 







Tell us a little about yourself and your background? 
I was born in raised in a holiday village called Amanzimtoti, on the South Coast of Kwa-Zulu Natal in South Africa. Later I moved to Cape Town with my family.
I have three daughters, an adopted daughter and the sixth grandchild is due in February 2016.
I was baptized in 1987 and I still today walk the narrow path with Jesus, sometimes the road is wonky and I fall but He is always there to pick me up.
Our children are spread out all over the world and so my husband and I decided it was our turn to see God’s wonderful world. We sold everything and are traveling to as many places we possibly can, currently we are in Ecuador, South America and with faith in God, we are spreading His word as we go.

Which writers inspire you? 
I have no favourite author or writer.  I love to read Christian Romance, humorous or drama. As long as they give a message of hope and dedication to Christ I will probably enjoy it. I did very much enjoy Sarah Sundin’s novels.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers?
I have two short stories, “A New Heart” and “Jamie’s Daisies” that were compiled into an anthology of short stories called Fingerprints and then another two “Mr Trolley Adventurer” and “Jamie’s Silkworms” in a children’s anthology of short stories titled Mini Stories. Both published by Kwarts Publishers.

When did you decide to become a writer?
In 2010, I think this happens with most people as it happened to me when all their children leave home, they find they need to fill their hours. I have always had stories mingling around in my head and did not ever think I would put them to paper. I started writing and goodness knows how many times I changed the first novel.

Do you write full-time or part-time? 
Part time? I had a full time job as a bookkeeper but in March when we sodl everything I am trying to write full time. So I guess I should say full time although it does not seem like it. I always seem to have so much else to do.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? 
I have an idea of characters and the ending. I don’t plot out the entire story before writing as I enjoy the thrill of making it up as I go along. However the novel I am working on at the moment is requiring some research and I will have to plot a little more in depth before writing to make sure I have all the facts correct.

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? 
I wish I had a strategy! I seem to flounder along hoping someone will review my book after reading it. I have read so many articles on how to get reviewers and visited endless websites without much joy. I have had the best response from my requests on Goodreads.

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? 
If someone is going to give me a bad review simply because they do not have the same believes or values that I do then I’d rather not have the review. To me a review should be based on whether they enjoyed the story or not. Good or bad based on that I have no issues with.

How can readers discover more about you and you work?
Please pop along to my website at http://aileenfriedman.co.za or my Facebook group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/353447231333743/
I am also on twitter @aileenlf. I am very active on social media especially my website and Facebook.
Readers may also find me on Goodreads and Amazon Author Central where they can find links to all my published books.

Any Comments for the Blog readers?
I had a person tell me once “You are so brave to start writing at such a late stage in your life.”
I say no, bravery is for those that fear their own God given talent. I had no idea when I publish my first book that by the end of 2016 I will have six books to my name. You are never too old to fulfill your dreams, passions or talented desires.

Any feedback for me or the blog?
We as self published writers or Indie Authors definitely need more wonderful people like you willing to share and promote our work. It is mayhem out there and with publishers and blog hosts wanting to get rich off authors who only want to be recognized you and your blog are like a breath of fresh air. I say thank you with the greatest sincerity.


2 comentarios:

  1. humor makes this tough subject easier to handle

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I love this interview. I would love to travel once my kid is grown.

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...