viernes, 18 de septiembre de 2015

Interview: Valarie Kinney





















Tell us a little about yourself and your background? I’m a married mom of four teenagers. My work resume adequately displays my lack of attention span. I like Ren Faires, Captain Jack Sparrow, yarn, books, and caffeine.

Which writers inspire you? Ksenia Anske, Diana Gabaldon, Stef Penney, Jodi McIsaac, Neil Gaiman…so many, really. It’s difficult to narrow down.

Have you written any other novels in collaboration with other writers? I’ve got stories in anthologies coming out later this winter with 7DS books.

When did you decide to become a writer? I wrote a lot in high school, and then it sort of fell by the wayside after I was married and had children. I started writing seriously again about five years ago.

Do you write full-time or part-time? I’m always writing. If I’m not actively writing, stories are swirling around in my head.

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you? I’m a total pantser. I start with an idea and it unfolds as I write. The last manuscript I wrote started backward. So I wrote the final scene first, and went backward for a while as I wrote.

Do you have a strategy for finding reviewers? This is something I’m new at and still learning.  Much as in real life, I’m sort of fumbling around, awkward and unsure.

What are your thoughts on good/bad reviews? I appreciate honesty. I’m a fairly transparent person, so what you see is what you get. I like that quality in others. I can’t fault someone who leaves a fair review, but I can’t see a reason for people to go out of their way to leave an outright nasty review.

How can readers discover more about you and you work? I’m most active on Facebook and Twitter.




Any Comments for the Blog readers? I love to meet new readers, and I try to stay actively engaged with those who interact with me on social media.


Any feedback for me or the blog? Thanks so much for having me. 













No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...